Senior Product Designer (Remote)
The legal system in the US is cumbersome and expensive. This results in millions of people having limited access to justice. Casetext’s mission is to advance the cause of justice by empowering all attorneys to provide high-quality, efficient, and affordable representation to their clients.
We identified inefficient and expensive legal research as one of the main culprits of the problem — nationally, lawyers spend nearly 30% of their time conducting legal research. Our AI-powered search tools cut down the time lawyers spend researching and help them find the needle in the haystack to win in the courtroom.
Our product has resonated with the legal community. So far our research platform is used by 9,000 firms, from solo practitioners to Am Law 100 firms. Our goal going forward is to go beyond this group of early adopters and cross into the mainstream of legal professionals. To help us on this journey of growth we are looking for an exceptional senior product designer to help us build the next generation of professional legal research tools.
Why Join Casetext
Worthy problem: You will be solving a problem — lack of access to justice — that is absolutely worth solving.
Good timing: You will be joining a rocket-ship right as it is about to take-off. Most of the risk around not finding product-market fit has already been retired. We now need to grow and scale.
Real ownership: You will have real ownership of driving user value and business outcomes.
Remote-first: You will be joining a remote first company. No need to relocate or to commute.
- Design high-impact features from beginning-to-end across the entire product suite
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive, trustworthy, and simple to use for attorneys and legal researchers
- Advocate for our users by conducting research and representing their needs across the company
- Test your designs and iterate on them based on user feedback, analytics, and usability testing
- Create sketches, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs to visualize and communicate your ideas
- Foster a culture of feedback by participating in weekly design reviews with the Product Design team
- Work closely with engineering and product to deliver effective designs quickly
- Ensure consistency and design quality by collaborating with others to build the product design system
- Distinctive portfolio of shipped products that exist and are loved in the world
- Outstanding UX ability, visual design and product thinking
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Experience thinking in terms of design systems
- Able to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience or medium
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Demonstrate ability to balance user needs, business goals, and technical considerations
- Strong knowledge of responsive design
- Proficiency with Figma or Sketch
- Legal domain knowledge
- Experience designing for search
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Competitive compensation in equity and salary
- Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
- Be an early employee at a rising start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
- Flexible remote-first work culture
- We support families with generous maternity and paternity leave
- We’re a close-knit team of people who really enjoy working together
Please submit your resume and a portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution.
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.Apply Now